Virtual Tour Our little chapel - the geographical and spiritual center of our property Built in 1990, this simple, spiritual space offers views in every direction. Behind our chapel is our meditation circle where some of our dearest ones are buried. Here, surrounded by tall redwoods and firs, we can stop and enjoy the peace of nature and of the spirit. To the north of the meditation circle is the undeveloped half of our property, 50 acres that we have set aside to be "forever wild". Looking east is the Garden of Memories – a peaceful valley where redwood posts mark the burial places of relatives and friends, many of whom died in the AIDS pandemic. Our monastic residence was constructed in 1997. It has two wings, the quieter, residential side and the more active side where meals are shared. Continuing farther down the hill from the chapel is the public part of Starcross, which includes the office, farmhouse and barn, as well as the olive fields, garden, and orchard. Our first organic olive field of 1200 trees, named after Francis of Assisi, was planted in 2001. In 2003, we planted our second field of 600 olive trees, named for Teresa of Avila. The olives are hand-picked and cold-pressed within hours to make our award-winning organic extra-virgin olive oil. The barn, built in 2002, replaced the historic barn that burned down. Besides housing the olive pressing equipment, the barn is wreath-shipping headquarters and home to our food pantry. Our farmhouse, built in 1902. We lived here for 20 years and now it houses our volunteers, Farm Interns, Spiritual Residents, and retreatants. Each year we plant a sustainable garden. We share the produce, through our food pantry, with neighbors in need. Our orchard provides delicious fruit in the summer and fall. Thank you for taking our photo tour!